Hello Sunday, we meet again.
So you guys, I have been feeling a little discouraged over the past few days. I feel like my life has taken a seriously tumble downhill and I can’t seem to get up from it. Some days I feel so motivated and other days I don’t even want to get out of bed. Some days I have high hopes and huge ambition and other days I feel like I don’t know where my life is going. Does that ever happen to you guys? I feel like I’m such a roller coaster of emotions. #SomeoneSendHelp!
I woke up this morning feeling slightly annoyed because my room is such a mess (yet again). I swear to God, if you were to ask me what I’m doing every weekend, my answer would be washing and cleaning. That is all my life consists of! Sad, I know. All I can say to myself is I need to get it together. Anyway, on Friday when I was driving to work, I was upset because I was rushing in the morning and I looked like a straight bum. I was thinking to myself that I just lack HUGE organizational skills, thus this blog post came to life. Below are 4 things I am committing to do to stay organized and also start getting my motivation and good vibes up.
- Pick out your outfit the night before. During lunch Friday, I went home to change my outfit and did my hair a bit because I looked pretty darn bad. #yikes! Some days I do really good and pick out my clothes for the next day the night before. That doesn’t always happen though. Sometimes the day just breezes by and I’m ready to call it a night and then the next morning, I’m scrambling trying to figure out what to wear. End result – a bum. I’ve noticed that the way you look can reflect a lot on how you feel through out the day. I know, we all love comfy clothes and are all about that comfort life, trust ME…I am too lol but taking that little extra time to look a little more put together can really boost your spirit through out the day. PS: this also goes for your kids, I’m guilty of Leya looking a bit cray some days for school. hehe 😀
- Making your bed. I am the worst at this. Again, because I’m always rushing! On the weekends I have no excuse, I’m just straight up being lazy. For a while I thought to myself that there was no point in doing your bed since you’re gonna get right back in there in a few hours. My life has always been school- work, work- school, and now as a mom there’s just extra steps in the day but that’s still not an excuse. I’ve read that making your bed can be therapeutic in the sense that your kicking off the day to great start because you accomplished something. If you think about it, it actually makes total sense. Getting up a few minutes earlier to make my bed is definitely going to be at the top of the list for me. Which brings me to the next step…
- Getting up right when the alarm goes off. I am the snooze queen. If I can sleep an extra 30 seconds, I will take it! I used to think that by doing that I was getting more sleep, well not exactly. You actually keep interrupting your sleep which will eventually get you more tired. I just need to get up when I hear it go off and just tackle the day. You know that saying you snooze you lose? Name a time you snoozed the alarm and you didn’t end up rushing. #truestory.
- Have a plan. I’m old school when it comes to planning your day, meaning I’m a pen and paper kinda girl. I love writing stuff down and planning my day(s), BUT I also tend to forget to check the darn planner. Girl, I know! Soooo here’s what I’m going to do ensure I check it every day. I’ve set two alarms on my phone one for 9 am and the other for 9 pm. At 9 pm, I will write down all my tasks for the next day and the one for 9 am to remind me to check it and see what I need to get done or what I have that’s coming up. Planning your days not only ensures you won’t forget to get important things done but it also gives us a bit of structure, and there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that. I can’t tell you how many appointments I’ve missed because I didn’t remember to check my planner and then I’m trying to make the impossible happen. Well hopefully by doing this my missing appointment days are over! 😉
I hope you find some of these tips helpful. I’d love to hear what you guys do to stay on top of your game!
Xo, Guadalupe ♥
* If you guys are interested…you can also shop my look here!!