Excuse me 25, when the heck did you sneak up on me? You guys, I might say this every year, but I just cant believe another year has passed!
Over the past few days I’ve been doing a lot of reflecting and thinking about all these things that have changed the person I was a year ago to the woman I am now. I’ve been writing things down here and there; things I want to do differently, my goals, my struggles, but also things about my persona.
I would say a year ago I was scared, insecure, doubtful, unhappy and so comfortable with doing nothing about it. I went through so many bad stages until I finally hit rock bottom and decided that I just needed a change in my life.
I decided that in honor of a being blessed with another year, I would make a list of all those life lessons as well as goals I have set for myself this year.
- Love me for me. For so long I feel like I tried so hard to be different. It was as if my own person bothered me. I always wondered why I wasn’t more outgoing, why wasn’t my nose smaller, why I wasn’t a lighter skin complexion, why this or that, just little things that really annoyed me about myself. The answer is simply because thats just NOT who I am. I’m an introvert and that’s that. I love being a home body, I love being alone, and yes I can be socially awkward but who cares, this is who I am.
- Stop caring so much about what people think about me. People can be very mean and hurtful at times, but I came to realize that at the end of the day I know what’s true and what’s not. I know who and what I really am, so it really DOESN’T matter what people think.
- Don’t be so hard on myself. I think we all go through those really hard days or weeks where we just feel like the world is slowly crushing down your soul and you begin to ask yourself what you’re doing wrong. Honestly, sometimes shit happens. It doesn’t always means that we did something wrong so stop dwelling on how you could of prevented it and just tackle it. It will pass, because nothing lasts forever.
- Ditch the “friends” and family members who don’t build me up or encourage me. I’m staying true to ‘always forgive and never forget.’Oh and forgiving doesn’t always mean reconciliation.
- Make room for failure. Yes, I’m aware this one’s hard, especially for me since I like things in a very specific way. I have this vision of how I want things and sometimes I don’t get things right the first, the second, third or fourth time but that’s when I learned to just go with the flow. That’s the perfect time to say a quick prayer and let God take over. I’ll get it right soon enough.
- Save, save, save! I’m really not the best at this, because honestly I am a true compulsive shopper. My goal is to be able to put a third of my pay check in to my savings account, which is honestly so hard especially since I have started my blog but having money for emergencies, traveling, or just for the future is always nice. I think my future self will thank me later.
- Stand up for myself. At times I think people feel like they can walk all over me simply because I don’t like confrontation. Just because I’m quiet and don’t like conflict doesn’t mean I won’t pop off or can’t stand up for myself. Don’t get it twisted.
- Say no. This is also hard and my inner introvert loves flirting with this one. I would say at least 90% of the time I’ve said yes to going somewhere and then regretted it. Well not necessarily regretted it, but I wanted to go when I said yes and then day comes and I just all of a sudden don’t want to go anymore. I’m hoping that with age, I stop being such a people pleaser and am more secure in what I have to offer. I think I will be a better person. Working full time, being a mom, and incorporating my blog takes up so much of my life and it can be very physically and mentally challenging. Learning to saying no at the right time and things is not always easy because there’s always feelings involved, but I’ve realized that my health and resting is way more important and it makes me a better me.
- Be a lot more aware and kind to others. It’s easy to get caught up in our daily lives and only what happens to us, but there’s so much hate and tragedy going on in the world. One of my big goals this year is to be more involved with my community and help those who can’t help themselves. Whether it’s donating clothes or food, there’s someone out there in need. Let’s really spread kindness around like confetti.
- Do more of what I love. You know, I would say that at least 95% of the time, I don’t do things that make me happy or that I love. That’s so sad! Ok, so for example, giving myself manicures/pedicures, watching NCIS, playing softball, hell drinking chocolate shakes! It really is the little things in life that go such a long way and make us happy so that’s exactly what I plan on doing!
If you’re reading this, thank you. I know I say it over and over, but seriously THANK YOU for being here. For reading, supporting, caring! There will just never be enough thank you’s. It truly means the world to me. Cheers to 25!
Xo, Guadalupe ♥