New year, new me. Clichè right? You know what I’ve realized over the past few years? I always set the same goals: lose weight, save money, “focus” more on myself, let go of who and what doesn’t matter, etc. But 90% of the time those things don’t happen. Let me tell you why…well, simply because there’s no ‘how.’ There’s no structure, there’s no plan, and if I’m just being plain honest, there’s just no focus. I’m tired of just winging it guys!
It’s a new year but it’s still the same me. I’ve decided that instead of wanting to change who I am, why not just improve what already is. Why not just improve me! So, here’s the plan:
- Lose Weight – How? Consistency: I think we all can realte to this one, if you can’t, then PLEASE leave me a comment on how you’ve done it. Every year, I always say I’m going to lose weight. I start doing good for a few months and then slowly start to fall off the train. I either get bored or stupidly enough get confident, which I know there’s nothing wrong with that, BUT the goal still isn’t met! What I plan on doing differently this year, is sticking to the plan till the end. My goal is to lose 30 lbs in the next 3 months. Here’s what I know works: A few years ago, I purchased cardio videos (Turbo Fire) that consist of three-month training. I have the schedule and the meal plan all I have to do is follow it. I know what you’re thinking, what happens after the 3 months? You’ll be “comfortable” after losing 30 lbs… well yeah but the truth is, healthy living isn’t a second choice anymore, it has to be my priority. I’m only getting older and a healthy and balanced life style is my number one priority now, for my sake and my daughter. I will be circle back on this in January.
- Saving money – How? Self Control: You guys, I have a serious problem when it comes to shopping. I don’t know how to stop! #SOS Ok, I’m being dramatic, I do know how to stop. The answer is to have self-control. You know what my top two excuses are for buying stuff? I work too hard and it makes me happy. Both are true, but for that same reason that I work too hard, I need to be more conscious of my money and spending. I will never be able to grow my savings if I don’t save and without savings then… what do you really have? Who wants to live paycheck to paycheck? No one! Yes, buying those $100 BP boots made me happy, but did I absolutely need them? No. Life will go on with or without the boots or shirts or dresses. Self control!
- Focus on me-How?-Just do you boo: There’s not much to it friends. I’ve realized that when you make yourself a priority you’re just happier. Doing things that make me happy just… it just makes sense. Whether it’s a bubble bath, watching my make up You Tube videos, working on my blog, or cooking breakfast with Leya. The next time you are wondering what you can do to focus on yourself, the answer is simply to do things that make you happy!
- Let go of things and those that don’t matter-How? Make the decision: Another relatively simple one. For a long time I didn’t realize that I was a hoarder. Hoarding, as many of you know, comes due to sentimental value or some sort of attachment. I have gone through my closet about 2/3’s of the way and there’s been at least 4 bags of clothes that I’ve set to the side because I just forgot about or am not wearing. If you forget about it or haven’t worn it in 6 months, then let it go. People are bit different, but just like clothes they hold a sentimental attachment, which is understandable but, I think we all know who our true friends are and who are those that are just not good for our lives. So stop thinking of why you should still bother texting that person who doesn’t bother texting you. Let them go.
- Stay organized and focused – How? Think of the outcome: We’re back to what started this entire post in the first place. A lot of the goals I didn’t meet before were because I never thought of the outcome. I was always so stuck on the process and how hard it was that I never bothered to look at the end of the tunnel. This time though, I am not giving it up mid way. I know that the outcome of losing weight will make me feel and look better, the outcome of saving money will be a greater blessing one day, doing things that make me happy will create wonderful memories for me down the line and will alleviate my soul when I think about them, and learning to let go of things and people is just the way life works but is also something that is needed in order to live a happy and balanced life.
Well, there you have it folks! I sincerely hope that if you’re reading this, and you can relate in any way, that you can take it to heart and keep pushing through what may seem impossible at times. Where there’s will there’s a way. Which actually reminds me of my favorite quote from Gandhi, “Everything you do life may seem insignificant, but it’s very important that you do it.” Why is it important if it’s insignificant you may ask? It’s important because it matters to YOU. It will probably seem insignificant to other people, but in the end you’re the only thing that matters.
Cheers to 2018!
Xo, Guadalupe ♥
One thought on “New Year, Same me.”