Happy Valentine’s Day my lovely people! Or as Leya would say, happy love day! Still don’t know where she got that from but I’m rolling with it. Recently I’ve heard people say that Valentine’s Day is essentially becoming a very lucrative moment in the year. What do you guys think about that? Agree or disagree? I can totally see that being the case, it’s the official day to celebrate love!
I know that most of us decide to really take this opportunity to go above and beyond for Valentine’s day, and even though I am one who believes that you shouldn’t just designate one day to go all out for your significant other (celebrate each other all the time!), I’d say that I too tend to go a bit more above and beyond than usual.
One of the great perks this year is that we have our own space, so we’ve decide to mainly spend quality time in the comfort of our own home with our little sidekick. We’re not huge fans of doing things through out the week since our days start really early so we’re pushing out the celebration to this weekend.
Being that we are a couple who has a toddler, I wanted to make sure to include some ideas that can be done with your kiddo in case you don’t have a sitter or just decided to bring him/her along.
All my single ladies, hang tight I have ideas for y’all too. 😉
1. Game of surprises. I’ve always wanted to do this and I think this year is finally the year I will do it. Essentially what you do is leave clues for him/her. The objective is to leave a clue that will lead to the next clue and so on until they finally end up at the designated destination. The destination could be a romantic picnic or a nice dinner. It could even be in your own home and the clues could be leading to a surprise. It’s all about the type of surprise you want to give. Trust me this one could be lot’s of fun!
2. Romantic breakfast/dinner at home. This one is for my cooks out there. I know this may sound cliché, but I think this is something you can’t ever go wrong with AND you can also really take this opportunity to take it up a notch and try making something a bit more luxurious and different. For example, take a risk and make egg benedict or that home made pineapple fruit butter for some delicious banana coconut pancakes. For dinner you could make pasta a la Bolognese from scratch, or buy those expensive lamb shanks that you always skip on because of the price. I pinned some great things on my Pintrest for food recipes, click here to swing by and check them out!
3. Movie Date at Cinepolis in Del Mar. Talk about taking it up a notch. If you haven’t been at the Cinepolis in Del Mar, then this may be the perfect time to take a little splurge. It’s by far the best movie theater experience in my opinion, but man does it come with a pretty price. If you think about it though, you’re paying for the comfort, amazing food, and great service. It’s definitely luxurious and pretty much the best way to watch a great movie very comfortably.
4. Dessert Extravaganza. For some reason this sounds like the perfect date to me. Maybe it’s because of my insanely obvious sweet tooth. I think it would be fun to maybe pick an area and walk around and try several little deserts. I know North Park has several little holes in the wall of places to try, not all are officially pronounced desert places but they sell desserts there. For example, I know for sure there’s Hammond’s Gourmet Ice Cream, Yog-art, and some adorable coffee shops like Holsem Coffee and Café Calabria. You could also pick a dessert place from your top three favorite areas and make a little fun map of the destinations. 🙂
5. Snuggle under the Stars. I have been wanting to do this one for a while as well. I don’t think there’s anything more romantic than sunset/moonlight walks or finding a nice place with a killer view and just talk and enjoy the beautiful surroundings. I personally love to talk about improvement with Byron. I really like to dig deep and brainstorm on how we can be better, how we can do better. I think those are the conversations that solidify that you have the same or similar goals and ambitions and that really grows that fire between couples.
All my single ladies, all my single ladies, now put ya hands up!
Just a super quick side note, I’m a firm believer that you don’t need a man in your life to be happy. You are a strong, focused, independent woman and just in case no one has told you today, you are killing the game! You are beautiful, smart, self driven, and determined. Get it girl! Ok, now let’s move on to the Galentine suggestions 😉
1. Get your dance on! I know Valentine’s Day is on a week day this year, but again there’s nothing wrong with pushing it to the weekend. I love having girl dates or girl time, especially if we go dancing. I love dancing to my own culture’s music (salsa is my jam!) and I just think it’s a great way to have fun with your girls and decompress. If you’re up for it, I recommend Sevilla Nightclub, Onyx, or even Parq, all of these places play a variety of music and are free before 10 pm. 🙂
2. Do a fun cooking class. Sur La Table in Fashion valley offers a variety of cooking classes. They are actually doing a Chocoholic class for V-day from 11 am- 1 pm! Click here for more details and the other upcoming cooking classes!
3. Wine and Painting. I’ve always wanted to do this one! I think there’s nothing more fun that showing your creative side will sipping on a little booze. Besides, the end results should be pretty interesting, and funny! Search here for nearby studios. 🙂
4. Chick flicks never get old. Yeah, I know I know, this is “typical” but who cares. I say decide who’s house you’ll be meeting at, one brings the booze, the other the ice cream, the other the chocolates, and maybe split Uber Eats at the end lol. I’m always down to stay in and there’s no better way to stay in than with your gals. For flicks, I recommend, The Devil Wears Prada, Girls Trip, Letters to Juliet, Twilight (Team Edward!), Just Go With It, The Notebook (yes, grab tissues too), and Mean Girls (duh).
5. Treat Yo Self. Grab your best friend and go have a spa day. Get your nails done, go shop together, chat about life, what goals and plans you have, what ideas roam your head, what scares you, what motivates you. Just talk! Let it out and enjoy a nice day doing the things YOU love. Be adventurous and do something that perhaps you wouldn’t but you know would give you a thrill and most importantly make you happy! Get out there and enjoy your Galentine’s Day!
Xo, Guadalupe 💕